Christos Ploutarchou – Resume
- Programming/Application Development
- Project Management
- Help Desk/Technician Support
- Web Development
- Database Administration
- Mobile Application and Device Management
Versatile and high-energy Software Developer with a 10+ years progressive career in the design, requirements gathering, analysis, development, support and management of various software systems, databases and data warehouse applications. Dedicated to continuously adopting new technologies to maximize development efficiency and promptly respond to the changing needs of business. Valued for driving quality and consistency throughout all phases of ETL, SDLC and SLTC. Recognized as a thought leader in developing new offerings from idea to execution to client roll out on-time & budget. Skilled at team collaboration and working independently in remote environments.
HIGHLIGHTS & QUALITIES
- Expertise in software engineering fundamentals and data warehousing functions.
- Adept at building high-performance, secure, data-driven applications with quality code.
- Works collaboratively with diverse consulting groups, business partners, designers, product developers, QA teams, and clients.
- Leverages a strong background in back-end and front-end development on web applications.
- Proven ability to jump into new projects and learn new technologies quickly.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), VMware, Virtual Box, Dreamweaver, Git, PowerShell, JetBrains.
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Gimp.
Apps Development Tools:
Android Studio, XCode, Firebase, Figma, Google Ads, TensorFlow, Pusher, Docker, Kubernetes.
Linux Centos, Red hat, Fedora, Ubuntu, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016), Mac OS, Mac OS Server.
SAP BS1, Microsoft Dynamic Nay.
UNICAF UNIVERSITY – Larnaca, Cyprus
Web Developer |May 2020 – Present|
- Maintain and improve the current university system using PHP.
- Responsible for all ETL tasks of university dig data project (Data Lake) using Python.
- Develop all the ETL process components required to migrate data from the customers’ source databases into the MDClone big data platform.
- Extensively utilize AWS glue PySpark on related big data projects.
- Load large datasets and improve the efficiency of ETL processes.
- Perform data cleansing to guarantee the high quality of loaded data.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to enable clients to utilize and manage deployed solutions.
- Provide ongoing support for data-related issues.
- Create data migration project schedules and track projects against the plan using project schedules and status report
Python Back End Responsibilities:
- Write scalable and maintainable Python 3.x for serverless deployments on AWS services (e.g., Lambda, API Gateway)
- Produce commercial software components/services/solutions.
- Execute moderately complex software engineering tasks with high-level business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect or senior engineer with minimal supervision.
- Perform code reviews, raise technical risk and create documentation.
- Infuse security into CI/CD process with ease to promote innovation.
- Bootstrap 3 & 4
- Codelgniter MVC
- THE RINGS
- MEMO 100
- 2D Modern Snake
- DINNER PICKER
- THE RINGS
- MEMO 100
- JASPER ADVENTURES
- FRUIT CRUSH HEROES
- CRAZY THIEF ADVENTURES
- PRO CALCULATOR
JENUS TECHNOLOGIES NICOSIA – Cyprus
Implementation Analyst/Programmer |2019 – May 2020|
- Developed cost timelines and dependencies to express enterprise vision and strategy to necessary stakeholders.
- Conducted competitive analysis on products for process-improvement purposes.
- Traveled to clients or potential clients abroad and participated in workshops.
- Assisted with identifying impediments across workstreams and collaborated with other departments to resolve any issues.
- Performed new product configuration and troubleshot issues on the spot.
- Provided professional implementation and support services resulting in smooth, well-coordinated deployments that meet target dates.
- Trained operational staff and end-users on equipment use and applications.
- Provided support services for enterprise-level implementation projects, partnering with the Project Management Organization (PMO) and/or Directors.
- Managed the creation of "Flow Charts" and "Data Charts.”
- Facilitated the creation of user manuals for end-users.
- Built client sites (including benefit plan rules, details, prices, text, and documents).
- Tested client sites to ensure proper functionality and quality.
- Triaged client tickets and/or questions (email and voicemail) and provided next response time.
- Audited system data from various sources; produced reports providing summary and details surrounding the audits.
- Discovered, evaluated, and implemented new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Worked with outside data sources and API’s.
- Performed unit-test of code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Project 1: Created Eurobank.com Website (Eurobank Cyprus), FrontEnd / BackEnd Development. Duration: 180 days.
- Project 2: Created gapgrouprecruiment.com website (GAP Vasilopoullos), FrontEnd/BackEnd Development. Duration: 90 days.
- Project 3: Designed and implemented business workflows Forms/Docs (Kedipes/Altamira).
- Duration: 200 days.
- A Simple Node chat app
- Menu Manager for Codeingiter MVC
- Simple C# War Game
INTEREST & ACTIVITIES
- Modern Greek: Mother Language
- English: Fluent
FXWEB TECHNOLOGIES LTD – Derynia, Cyprus
Managing Director |2014 – 2017|
- Supervised and managed the overall performance of staff in the department.
- Analyzed, reported, and provided recommendations on developing strategies to improve quality and quantity.
- Prepared and implemented comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement of cost-effective operations and market development activities.
- Achieved business and organization goals, visions and objectives.
- Analyzed problematic situations and occurrences and provided solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Responsible for the growth and increase in the organization finances and earnings.
- Configured, maintained and upgraded corporate customer’s networks and in-house servers.
- Installed and integrated new server hardware and applications.
- Supported and administrated third-party applications. Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Monitored network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, good put and latency) and tested for weaknesses.
- Resolved problems reported by end users.
- Defined network policies and procedures. Ensured network security and connectivity.
- Project 1: Created famagustachamber.org.cy website (Famagusta Chamber), FrontEnd / BackEnd
- Development. Duration: 60 days.
- Project 2: Network Setup, Windows Server Setup, Sync Active directory/SQL with company Web ERP system, (Audit Pro). Duration: 90 days.
- Technologies/Tools Used: Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server, Windows Server Domain, Windows Internet Naming Service, IIS, Firewall, Load Balancing
- Advanced Communication
- Team player
- Setting and attaining goals
- Strong Leadership
- Detail Orientation
- Critical & Analytical Thinking
- Needs Assessment
- Information Analysis
Available Upon Request
PRESCRIPTION FREELANCER – Nicosia, Cyprus
Freelancer (Apps Dev & System Administrator) |2017 – 2018|
- Developed code for applications on the iPhone and Android market.
- Created new features and user interfaces from wireframe models.
- Optimized the application and gain more revenue.
- Ensured the best performance and user experience of the application.
- Ensured new and legacy applications meet quality standards.
- Wrote unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions. Maintained and repaired any bugs found.
- Configured new servers, programs, and applications.
- Managed security and integrity protocols of the system according to standards.
- Initiated backup process, data recoveries, and other disaster recovery contingencies.
- Gathered specific requirements and recommended solutions.
- Collaborated with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions.
- Diagnosed and resolved all technical issues related to hardware and software.
- Supported all LAN, WAN, and other networking systems.
- Installed and configured software, hardware, and networks.
- Monitored system performance and troubleshot issues.
- Ensured security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Maintained updated knowledge on new technology trends.
- Project 1: Network Setup, Windows Server Install/Setup (3Elements). Duration: 25 days.
- Technologies/Tools Used: Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server, Windows Server
- Domain, Windows Internet Naming Service, RDP, Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Project 2: Data Management System CMS (HDF Tech), Backend Development. Duration: 45 days.
- Project 3: Email Marketing Application (SECIT), Backend Development. Duration: 120 days
- Project 4: Ticket Support System (BlueBird), FrontEnd / BackEnd Development. Duration: 75 days
LIA SOUNDTECH LTD – Nicosia, Cyprus |2010 – 2014|
Website Content, Email, and Maintenance Manager
- Developed content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets.
- Collaborated with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style, and layout.
- Created and published engaging content. Optimized content according to SEO.
- Utilized content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics.
- Managed content distribution to online channels & social media platforms to increase web traffic.
- Remained up to date with developments and generated new ideas to draw the audience’s attention.
- Set up hardware; installed and configured software and drivers.
- Maintained and repaired Technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices.
- Installed well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (server, IPs).
- Performed regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated.
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provided solutions to restore functionality.
Cell Phone Repair Technician/Salesman
- Provided free troubleshooting and repair estimates for client approval.
- Ensured that canter has replacement kits and spare parts for any planned repair and ordered parts from manufacturers as required.
- Opened, disassembled, repaired, replaced parts, and reassembled units.
- Tested and repaired units; advised clients when they could retrieve their units.
Software Department Manager
- Diagnosed defective phones and identified the root cause of the problem.
- Verified the components such as sim cards, data cards, and memory cards suit the model.
- Ensured the different software downloaded on the cell phones are compatible with it.
- Eliminated errors due to persistent failure of locking, hanging, or slowing of the mobile phones.
- Removed screen of cell phones and replaced with a new one.
Other Roles at Lia Soundtech Ltd:
- Firmware Technician
- Information Technology Supervisor
- Marketing Department Assistant
A.L.P (AELIOTIS) LTD – Nicosia, Cyprus
Shop Manager |2008 – 2010|
- Managed daily operation of the shop, high-volume customer service, profit and loss management as well as setting, monitoring, and driving sales goals.
- Achieved sales targets and increased profit set for the area.
- Handled customer complaints, maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Established, maintained, and expanded company customer base.
- Improved customer satisfaction and customer retention rates with honest customer service.
- Compiled and analyzed sales figures. Kept recent updates on products and competitors.
- Ensured shop and stock room upkeep, presentation, and organization issues are addressed.
BIONIC ELECTRONICS H.T – Nicosia, Cyprus
Direct Sales Representative |2004 – 2008|
- Responsible for the merchandising, distribution & selling of computers, software, and peripherals.
- Recognized the needs of the consumer and provide detailed information to the consumer about the technical specifications of the computer hardware/software offered by the company.
- Investigated new items and made recommendations for purchasing products.
- Maintained inventory to ensure orders are in stock. Took orders over the phone and in person.
- Advised customers on technical matters and recommended appropriate computer configurations.
- Solicited information about computer needs from customers.
- Negotiated price for the sale.
- Provided technical support after merchandise is purchased.
- University of Nicosia Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Electrical and Electronics Engineering |2007 – 2014|
- High School ARCH. MAKARIOS III Diploma Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services |1999 – 2002|
- Spark and Python for Big Data with PySpark
- C# Basics: Learn to Code the Right Way
- Microsoft Excel - Excel from Beginner to Advanced
- Java for Complete Beginners
- PHP OOP: Object-Oriented Programming
- Kentico Content Admin Essential v12
- Advanced WordPress Theme development with Bootstrap 4
- PHP MVC Framework Codelgniter
- PHP for Beginners – Become a PHP Master
- SQL Fundamental Course.
- CSS Fundamental Course.
- HTML Fundamental Course.
- PHP Tutorial Course.
- Java Tutorial Course.
- C# Tutorial Course
- Java - The Beginners Series
- The Complete Swift 4 Bootcamp
- Java Multithreading
- Interconnecting CISCO Network Devices Part 1 (ICND1).
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 (ICND2).
- Course 6425: Configuring Windows Server Active Directory Domain Services.
- Developing Skills in Computer Sales and Accessories.